Health & Safety
The procedure and the policy have been prepared to provide some basic protective coverage to avoid any injury or harm to both employees and the facility.
Since it is been said that it is the people who make the organization build and work, every employee has something to contribute towards reducing the risk and the sufferings that result from the unsafe acts and the unsafe conditions.
The safety of each individual depends upon the concerns and the actions taken towards observing the rules and the regulations set by the company. Any unsafe condition or practice should be reported to your supervisor.
This safety literature may not cover all the aspects of our operations but it can be a very good tool and a guideline to a better and safe future. Should anyone have any doubts or concerns, he should consult his immediate supervisor for guidance and advice.
INDIVIDUAL RESPONSIBILITIES FOR SAFE ENVIRONMENT:
The responsibilities of the factory manager for safety regulations are as follows:
- Ensuring that the safety policy is implemented and maintained at all times.
- Ensure that all necessary measures are taken in order to maintain acceptable standard of safety
- Ensuring that all the legal obligations are met i.e. any rule or regulation or instruction from the enforcing agencies
- Ensuring the operation is performed in safe manner with correct tools and equipment
- Stop any operation where it is evident that it will lead to an injury or serious risk
- Ensure that the corrective actions are taken to rectify the hazardous and unsafe working condition
- Authorize expenditure for any requirement for protecting employees
- Familiarize itself with the company safety policy.
- Shall ensure that the work force under their control observe all safety rule.
- Shall ensure that the work force is familiar with the contents of the safety procedure with in this
- Shall maintain the good housekeeping throughout facility at all times.
- The cooperation of all the employees is vital to achieve the safe work place. All employees have duty to care of their own safety as well as for the safety of fellow workers who can be affected by their action.
- In particular they should do the following things to ensure safe environment:
- Confirm to safe work practices adopted by the company
- Confirm to instruction given by supervisor.
- Obey all company safety rules.
- Report any defect to the supervisor immediately.
First aid medical boxes are kept and maintained properly, and are located at the places which are easily accessible to everyone in case of emergency.
Assessment is being carried out from time to time to identify the fire hazards and the people at risk. Control measures are to be implemented to reduce the risk as much as possible.
Toilets, washrooms, accommodations and rest rooms are kept clean and tidy at all times. Any employee found damaging or vandalizing welfare facilities will be subject to disciplinary proceedings.
All electrical systems will be periodically inspected, tested and maintained so as to prevent danger. Fixed installation will be inspected and tested and routine maintenance will be carried out. The most common checks are listed below:
- Leads will be examined on the regular basis and those with the damaged outer sheath will be replaced.
- Plugs and sockets will be visually checked for possible damage immediately before use.
- The earth wire, where provided, must be firmly in place and the terminal screws tight.
SAFETY INFORMATION FOR WORK EMPLOYEES:
Apart from any specific duties, which may be delegated to all employees must:
- Comply with the safe working practices adopted by the company.
- Comply with instruction given by supervisor or management.
- Obey all company safety rules defined from time to time.
- Report defects in equipment to supervisor immediately.
- Not allowed to work under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
PERSONNEL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
- Safety shoes are provided to prevent any serious injury if something falls on the feet.
- Eye protection is to be worn while on the lathe.
- Gloves will be worn when ever.
- Handling objects with sharp edges.
- Work in dirty area.
- All the passage ways must be kept free of all materials, supplies and obstructions of any kind.
- Spillage of oil or any other substance must be cleaned up.
- Keep your work area clean. Remove scrap and rubbish regularly to allocated containers.
- Do not allow flammable material to accumulate.
- Smoking is not allowed in the office or in the factory premises.
- Fire extinguishers and accessories are located throughout the factory.
PERSONNEL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
All workers involved in production are required to wear the following protective items:
- Safety boots
- Gloves (where required)
- Eye protection (where required)
ACTION IN THE EVENT OF FIRE
If you discover fire:
Close doors and windows to the room
Break the glass of a fire alarm call point
Speak through the intercom and give details to the Office Manager
Leave the building and go to the assembly point in front of the main gate.
You may tackle the fire with an extinguisher but only if it is safe to do so.
If you hear the fire alarm: Close doors and windows to the room.
Leave the building and go to the assembly point.
Do not stop to collect belongings
Do not use the lift.
Do not re-enter the building until the Fire Service have declared it safe to do so.
If you are disabled or in any way unable to move than ask:
- Someone to inform security that you are awaiting rescue, and
- Someone to remain with you.
In this position you will be safe until Security and the Fire Service arrive.
ACCIDENTS AND FIRST AID
If you have an accident at work:
Report it immediately to your Supervisor or Factory manager or Office manager.
Familiarize yourself with the first aid and location of the first aid box.
If you need first aid:
Contact a first aid or ask someone to do it for you.
If you cannot, quickly locate first aid, dial 999 and give details to the Emergency/Rescue officer.
Any other emergency:
Dial 999 and give details to the Emergency/Rescue Officer.
Projects Resume: Leave it blank for now but we will have this. * This is one of the most critical marketing tools for us so it is better we keep a section of this page on the homepage also.